A juicer is a must-have tool for making fresh and healthy juices at home. There are many types of juicers available in the market for different prices. Amongst all of the juicers masticating juicers are the best choice to the juicing experts for producing fresh, tasty and more nutrient juices than other juicers.
A masticating juicer comes with a low RPM motor which rotates at a very low speed (40-100 RPM) and relatively dull blades than a centrifugal juicer. A masticating juicer is known as “Low RPM Juicer” because of their low rotating speed.
You may also know a masticating juicer by one of the following names. Such as.
- Cold press juicer
- Wheatgrass juicer
- Single auger juicer
- Low RPM juicer
How a Masticating Juicer Works
What is a Masticating juicer and how it works? It actually does not work like a centrifugal juicer. They rotate at low speed instead of rotating at high speed like centrifugal juicers but they are very tough and strong. Masticating Juicer crushed vegetables and fruits into small pieces and squeezed them to separate juice from the dry and tasteless pulp of fruits and vegetables.
The juice squeezed from fruits or vegetables passes through a mesh screen and then stored into a juicing bowl and the pulp ejects to a special pulp collector. If we use a double stage masticating juicer then the pulp will be squeezed again to get the remaining juice from the pulp. A dual stage masticating juicer is more efficient than a single stage masticating juicer.
Types of Masticating Juicer
There are mainly two types of masticating juicers available in the market. Such as…
- Vertical masticating juicer
- Horizontal masticating juicers
Vertical masticating juicers are very easy to use and operate because of their compact design and self-cleaning system. They are suitable for juicing soft materials like orange, malta, apple, etc.
Horizontal masticating juicers are suitable for processing both hard and soft materials. We can use them to extract juice from carrots as well as orange and grapes. The horizontal masticating juicers are not only limited to making juice but also are able to make noodle, pasta, soy milk, baby foods, fruit sauces and much more. That makes it an essential kitchen tool for every homeowner.
- One of the best advantages of a masticating juicer is its higher juice yield than centrifugal juicers because of its special construction and advanced squeezing system.
- A masticating juicer contains a low RPM (40-80 RPM) motor and rotates in a low speed which prevents heat build-up at the time of the juicing process.
- Low oxidation rate due to low rotating speed.
- They can extract juice from all kinds of fruits and vegetable whatever they are hard or soft like carrots, apple, sugarcane, guava and many more.
- They may also use to make soy milk, almond milk, baby foods. noodle, pasta and many more.
- Comes with a longer warranty period.
- Almost noiseless operation and very easy to use and clean.
- More expensive than other types of juicers.
- Relatively Low RPM (40-100 RPM).
- Some fruits and vegetables need to chop before juicing.