There are different types of saws in the market, but one of the most important and powerful saw is a circular saw. And with good blade qualities, a circular saw is as powerful as any other saw.
They are highly powerful and can cut through any type of material depending upon their make and power deliverance. They are famous for their easy handling and convenient use as one can use it at home even for do-it-yourself projects and also for professional purposes too.
When searching for the best circular saw, one should keep in mind certain things like types of saw and their usage and also how to choose the saw which will be helpful in a certain project one is planning.
Types of circular saw
There are basically two types of circular saw that one can choose from:
- Worm drive circular saw: these laws are designed for heavy-duty uses, and are very effective for straight cutting of the wood and metal. They have heavy duty motors which are placed in a right angle along the saw blade. Also, there are different gears that one can change to shift the torque to the blade which in turn will change the efficiency of the blade. Also, these saws are quieter and that the other type of the circular saw.
- Sidewinder circular saw: they are lightweight and easy to use which makes them really effective for household DIY projects. They are also the most common type of circular saw. The motor in the sidewinder is located in a straight line along the blade which makes it easier to use in most of the circular saw applications.
Features of the circular saw
When searching for the best circular saw, there are several features that one need to pay attention to, out of which two are of utmost importance.
- Blades: without a strong and sharp blade, a saw will be of no use. One can find different blades for different applications. One should always check the blade capacity which will determine the depth till which one can cut using the blade. The larger blade will give deeper cut but will also make the saw heavier and difficult to control. There are different types of blades one can choose from like.
- Carbide tipped blades which have carbide tips attached to the blade teeth. They are costly but have a longer life when it comes to sharpness.
- High-speed blades which are made of steel are more hard and strong and will stay sharp for a longer period of time.
- Masonry blades are for cutting concrete, cinder blocks, bricks etc, and are made up of abrasive material.
- Tile cutting blades are used for cutting tiles made of ceramic and they have blades tipped with diamond.
- Power: higher the power better will be the circular saw the performance. one should check the amps and volts before buying anyone. there are usually two types of circular saws in the market depending on the power source.
- Corded: they have cords which makes them suitable for difficult cutting jobs. The power is measured in amps in a corded saw.
- Cordless: these are fit to be used in a place where one cannot find a power connection. They run on batteries and the power is measured in volts.